Objective: get trends on projects that mention "common core" in their essays
- What are they requesting? Tech? Books? Manipulatives?
- What are they requesting in Elementary vs. Middle vs. High?
- What aren’t they requesting, compared to teachers who don’t use “common core” in their essays?
- What states are writing the most “common core” requests?
- Do PARCC (test) states or smarter balance (test) states request more common core resources?
- What are they requesting in high-income schools vs. low-income schools?
- What other keywords tend to travel with the phrase “common core”?
- What kinds of “common core” requests are more likely to be funded?
Impact: if we could visualize this somehow, I bet it’d be both useful and remarkable for state DOE staff and policy folks.
Thank you for helping tackle this question!