Objective: small web app that gives teachers inspiration on project ideas/topics/resources based on the wealth of data from other teachers (maybe teachers "like" them) and trending projects
- define "teachers like you" as grade + subject + location (radial proximity)
Impact: teachers are always looking for inspiration. Providing them a data-driven way to spark new ideas and interesting ways of teaching their subject is a big priority for us at DonorsChoose.org
- web application that uses project/resource/essay datasets
- Webpage showcasing:
- teachers like you are requesting x,y,z
- here are the resources that a commonly requested together (see details at the bottom)
- here are the categories of resources requested
- here's how it compares to other teachers
Project inspirations based on topics: recommend projects based on LDA topics + clustering of projects topically, then serving them up from the corpus of projects that are from teachers like you.
Details on 'which resources are being requested together'
- Auto suggestions on what other resources to add when teachers are building their cart
- How resource bundles differ by geography
- How legos are being used in the classroom (if something else is requested along with legos).
- Which resources are being used together towards what subjects?
- potentially jacquard similarity or other measures of affinity and co-occurance
Thank you for helping tackle this question!